Arizona Cardinals vs. Minnesota Vikings: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals (1-0) are considered favorites (-4) according to the point spread ahead of their game versus the Minnesota Vikings (0-1) on September 19, 2021, starting at 4:05 PM ET. The predicted point total for the matchup is 51.
Best odds for Cardinals vs. Vikings
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Arizona Cardinals and Minnesota Vikings in which the Vikings are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Cardinals have picked up a respectable amount of the total number of tickets wagered.
Cardinals Vs. Vikings Spread Betting Action
Arizona stats and betting info
Betting trends for Arizona
- Arizona put together a 7-9-0 ATS record last year.
- When playing as at least 4-point favorites last season, the Cardinals had an ATS record of 3-3.
- Arizona and its opponents combined to go over the point total five out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||256.4 (4102)||18|
|Rush yards||139.8 (2237)||7|
|Points scored||25.6 (410)||13|
|Pass yards against||246.8 (3949)||14|
|Rush yards against||125.5 (2008)||22|
|Points allowed||22.9 (367)||12|
Key players for Arizona
- Last season, Kyler Murray put up 3,971 passing yards (248.2 yards per game), a 67.2% completion percentage (375-of-558), 26 touchdowns, and only 12 interceptions. He also added 819 rushing yards on 133 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns (averaging 51.2 yards per game).
- James Conner racked up 721 rushing yards on 169 carries (51.5 yards per game) and six touchdowns last season. Conner also put his name on the receiving stat lines with 35 catches for 215 yards (15.4 per game).
- In the previous season, DeAndre Hopkins collected 115 receptions for 1,407 yards and six touchdowns. He was targeted 160 times and he averaged 87.9 yards per game.
- Christian Kirk amassed 621 yards on 48 grabs with six touchdowns. He was targeted 79 times and averaged 41.4 receiving yards per game last year.
- A.J. Green’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 523 yards, 47 catches, two touchdowns, and 32.7 yards per game (on 104 targets).
Cardinals: Josh Jones: Questionable (Ankle), Kylie Fitts: Questionable (Wrist), Mason Cole: Out (Hamstring), Maxx Williams: Out (Ankle)
Minnesota stats and betting info
Betting trends for Minnesota
- Minnesota put together a 6-10-0 ATS record last season.
- The Vikings covered the spread twice last season (2-2 ATS) when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Minnesota and its opponents combined to go over the point total 11 out of 16 times last year.
|Pass yards||266.6 (4265)||12|
|Rush yards||142.7 (2283)||5|
|Points scored||26.9 (430)||11|
|Pass yards against||266.7 (4267)||22|
|Rush yards against||134.4 (2151)||27|
|Points allowed||29.7 (475)||29|
Key players for Minnesota
- Kirk Cousins completed 67.6% of his passes to throw for 4,265 yards and 35 touchdowns last season.
- Dalvin Cook racked up 16 rushing touchdowns on 97.3 yards per game last year. Cook was also effective in the passing game, tallying 44 catches and one touchdown over the course of the year.
- Alexander Mattison rushed for 434 yards and two touchdowns last season.
- Justin Jefferson averaged 87.5 receiving yards and grabbed seven receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Adam Thielen caught 74 passes last season on his way to 925 yards and 14 receiving touchdowns.
Vikings: Cameron Dantzler: Out (Rib)
Pick for Cardinals vs. Vikings
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth statistical analysis favors the Cardinals to cover the spread against the Vikings.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.