Appalachian State vs. Troy Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The Appalachian State Mountaineers (8-2, 0-0 Sun Belt) are solid favorites — expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -9.5) — against the Troy Trojans (5-5, 0-0 Sun Belt) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The predicted point total for the game is 51.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Appalachian State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Appalachian State
- So far this season, Appalachian State has compiled a 7-3-0 record against the spread.
- In games this season they were favored by 9.5 points or more, the Mountaineers have a 5-1 record against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in four of Appalachian State’s 10 games with a set total .
- This season, Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 51.5 points eight times.
- The Mountaineers have seen a 57.4 average over/under in their games this season, 5.9 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Mountaineers average 128.9 more yards per game (450.5) than the Trojans give up per contest (321.6).
- Appalachian State is 8-1 overall when the team churns out over 321.6 yards.
- The Mountaineers have 17 giveaways this season, while the Trojans have 20 takeaways .
|Pass yards||256.5 (2565)||43|
|Rush yards||194.0 (1940)||35|
|Points scored||35.7 (357)||18|
|Pass yards against||226.0 (2260)||57|
|Rush yards against||124.0 (1240)||28|
|Points allowed||21.7 (217)||37|
Key players for Appalachian State
- Chase Brice has thrown for 2,456 yards (245.6 ypg) to lead Appalachian State, completing 64.1% of his passes and tossing 17 touchdown passes and eight interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 112 rushing yards (11.2 ypg) on 47 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Nate Noel, has carried the ball 160 times for 909 yards (90.9 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- Corey Sutton’s team-leading 745 receiving yards (74.5 yards per game) have come on 50 receptions with six touchdowns.
Troy stats and betting info
Betting trends for Troy
- Troy’s ATS record is 3-6-0 this season.
- The Trojans are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this year.
- Troy has gone over in five of its nine games with a set total (55.6%).
- Four of Troy’s games finished with a combined score higher than 51.5 points this season.
- A difference of 1.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (51.5 points) and the average total points bet in Trojans’ games (50.1 points) this season.
- The Trojans average only 7.0 more yards per game (357.0) than the Mountaineers give up per matchup (350.0).
- Troy is 3-3 overall when the team picks up more than 350.0 yards.
- The Trojans have 15 giveaways this season, while the Mountaineers have 18 takeaways .
|Pass yards||246.8 (2468)||54|
|Rush yards||110.2 (1102)||116|
|Points scored||25.7 (257)||85|
|Pass yards against||198.7 (1987)||29|
|Rush yards against||122.9 (1229)||26|
|Points allowed||23.1 (231)||50|
Key players for Troy
- Taylor Powell leads Troy with 1,251 passing yards (125.1 ypg) on 125-of-190 passing with seven touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Kimani Vidal has carried the ball 131 times for a team-high 641 yards (64.1 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Tez Johnson’s 635 receiving yards (63.5 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 59 receptions and four touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!