Appalachian State vs. South Alabama: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
The Appalachian State Mountaineers (7-2, 0-0 Sun Belt) are big favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -23) — against the South Alabama Jaguars (5-4, 0-0 Sun Belt) in a matchup of two conference rivals. An over/under of 55 points has been established for the matchup.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Appalachian State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Appalachian State
- Appalachian State has a 6-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 23-point favorites this season, the Mountaineers are 1-1 against the spread.
- Four of Appalachian State’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (44.4%).
- Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Saturday’s over/under of 55 points five times this season.
- On average, the Mountaineers have seen a 58.0 over/under in their games this season, 3.0 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Mountaineers collect 144.0 more yards per game (463.9) than the Jaguars give up per contest (319.9).
- When Appalachian State totals more than 319.9 yards, the team is 7-1.
- The Mountaineers have 13 giveaways this season, while the Jaguars have 18 takeaways .
|Pass yards||263.3 (2370)||37|
|Rush yards||200.6 (1805)||28|
|Points scored||36.2 (326)||22|
|Pass yards against||226.0 (2034)||60|
|Rush yards against||131.3 (1182)||40|
|Points allowed||23.3 (210)||52|
Key players for Appalachian State
- Chase Brice has thrown for 2,261 yards (251.2 ypg) to lead Appalachian State, completing 65.2% of his passes and collecting 15 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 95 rushing yards (10.6 ypg) on 43 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Nate Noel, has carried the ball 153 times for 887 yards (98.6 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- Corey Sutton’s 711 receiving yards (79.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 47 receptions and five touchdowns.
South Alabama stats and betting info
Betting trends for South Alabama
- South Alabama has gone 4-5-0 ATS this season.
- The teams have hit the over in five of South Alabama’s nine games with a set total .
- This season, four games South Alabama played finished with a combined score higher than 55 points.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.2 points more than the average over/under in Jaguars’ games this season (51.8 points).
- The Jaguars collect 33.4 more yards per game (390.7) than the Mountaineers give up per outing (357.3).
- South Alabama is 4-2 overall when the team churns out over 357.3 yards.
- The Jaguars have turned the ball over 15 times, one fewer times than the Mountaineers have forced turnovers (16).
|Pass yards||253.1 (2278)||46|
|Rush yards||137.6 (1238)||90|
|Points scored||28.6 (257)||67|
|Pass yards against||202.2 (1820)||34|
|Rush yards against||117.7 (1059)||22|
|Points allowed||22.1 (199)||36|
Key players for South Alabama
- Jake Bentley leads South Alabama with 2,124 passing yards (236.0 ypg) on 184-of-262 passing with 15 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- Terrion Avery’s team-high 482 rushing yards (53.6 per game) have come on 118 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- Jalen Tolbert’s team-leading 1,030 receiving yards (114.4 yards per game) have come on 58 receptions with six touchdowns.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!